Other ways to help
Volunteers are the heart of our organisation. Even if you decide now’s not the time for you to become a mentor there are lots of other ways to get involved.
If you only have a few hours a year to share, tell us what you’d like to do.
If you have a special skill or talent you’d like to share, talk to us.
We’d love to work with you to benefit both your community and your organisation. You can help us to help more kids if you:
- Sponsor a mentor group outing or special event.
- Offer your facilities for a group outing, e.g. fitness centre, commercial kitchen.
- Host a fundraiser to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Offer a discount at your place of business for our volunteers and kids or donate tickets to events.
- Donate food or prizes for our special events.
- Help out at one of our Christmas parties, summer picnics, or other activities that come up from time to time for mentors and kids.
- Play golf in one of our annual tournaments.
- Come to one of our offices to open mail or stuff envelopes.
- Make our business cards available at places you go.
- Put our ad or an article in your community newsletter or company e-bulletin.
- Include our card with any mail you send.
- Put up our posters at your workplace, church or supermarket.
- Ask us to speak to your workplace, church or social group.
More ways to get involved and support this exciting initiative:
- Governance – being part of the Board of Trustees (local or national) >>
- Donating >>
- In-Kind Donations – Contributions of in-kind printing, print or electronic advertising, auction items, or other goods and services help us reach our goal of serving more children.
- Lunch and Learn – you or your company can arrange or sponsor a lunch meeting at your workplace or club for Big Brothers Big Sisters Staff to speak with your friends and colleagues about becoming a volunteer.
- See other ways you or your business can support children in your area >>